Sunday, January 6, 2008

6 days of night

The main reason I decided to embark on this blog endeavor was to motivate me, to get me to go out and shoot more. The urge to finesse the ass groove on my computer chair being intrinsic, I had to fight it with a ludicrous promise to myself and the world. (The World being the few souls who stumble upon this blog) Well, I must say, it worked wonderfully tonight.

I decided to go on a little hike around town, at about 1900 hour to scout out a few places, and with the ultimate goal of taking a long exposure of Main St here in Moncton, from atop the railway overpass. With snow up to my knees, I made my way to what I thought would be my shot. It wasn't. I shot, and shot and shot, and although they were nice, they did not strike me as inspiring material. Then I turned around, facing towards the Crowne Plaza. It seemed promising, but I needed to be right on the train tracks.

It was a hit and run, really. A few nimble steps, setup, composing, snap, wait for an excruciating 30 seconds of exposure... I realized that if a train were to come in either directions, I had nowhere to go, really, but to dive in the snow on the other side of the track. I'm being dramatic here, of course; catharsis on a silver platter. I was in no danger, for I am a ninja.

Moving on.

"Show us the bloody picture already!" say you? Since I plan on treating you, ladies and gents, to 6 days of night, you will have to wait a little.. I picked the 6 best shots from this whole evening of shooting and will eye drop them to you at the usual rate of one per day. Of course, the Main street one will be the dessert, served on Saturday morning. Fear not, for I will whet you appetite with the other pictures. So without further ado, welcome to the first of 6 days of night!


Info[18-55@18mm|ISO200|5s@f3.5|Ambient Light|Post Processing in LightRoom only]

No comments: